- Types of Trips
- Featured Adventures
- About Us
- Trail Head
- Partner With Us
Vancouver, BC | Posted: October 13th, 2018
1. Go for a nature walk and enjoy the fall colors.
2. Find a haunted house near you and explore it!
3. Visit a pumpkin patch in search of the best and biggest pumpkins.
4. Visit a corn maze and try to find your way out!
5. Go apple picking and then bake an apple pie.
6. Make Halloween costumes and show off your artistic skills.
7. Cozy up with reading time as a family.
8. Get crafty and make Halloween decorations to get in the spooky spirit.
9. Bake pumpkin pies or pumpkin tarts and enjoy them together.
10. Watch spooky movies with the lights all out.
11. Go on a family picnic amongst the leaves.
12. Watch the salmon run at a nearby river or creek. Check out SEEtheWILD’s recent blog.
13. Enjoy a scavenger hunt looking for specific leaves or other foliage to bring home.
14. Make arts and crafts using your collected leaves & pinecones.
15. Go to the fair and enjoy going on the rides and playing the games.
16. Carve pumpkins & roast the seeds as a delicious treat to share.
17. Play outside in the rain and puddles! It’s only water!
18. Have a bonfire & tell spooky stories. The spookiest story wins a treat!
19. Compete in a potato sack race. Winner gets to choose the next movie out at the theatre.
20. Camp in your yard or build forts indoors. Practice making shadow animals and guessing each other’s choice.
21. Decorate the outside of your house for Halloween. Create a fun haunted house or activity for visiting kids.
22. Find a Ghost Walk nearby, or go hunting for haunted buildings in your town or city.
23. Go for a hayride and drink warm apple cider. Cozy in together and enjoy the fun.
24. Make caramel apples with funny Halloween characters or animals.
25. Make candles together! Pick out fall-themed scents to incorporate. Put the candles around your house and enjoy the fall ambiance.
26. Rake the leaves into a giant pile to jump into them. There are few more classic fall activities than this!
27. Play a game of football or soccer and offer a prize to the winning team. Enjoy the crisp autumn air!
28. Take family photos in the beautiful fall colours. You’ll enjoy these for years to come. Make sure to take some funny ones!
29. Create shrunken heads from apples. Follow the tutorial at the link.
30. Build a scarecrow using some old clothes. Stuff the clothing with hay or other materials and set it out on the front porch. You might even spook yourself when you come home in the dark!
What are some of your favourite activities to do together in the fall? Whatever you choose to do with your family this fall, enjoy plenty of the outdoors, make loads of memories, and have fun together!
Sarah is a travel writer, citizen of the world and lover of the Pacific Northwest and tacos. When not writing she can be found searching for her next travel destination or exploring with her dog, Otto.
Read about her adventures on her blog Sarah Seize the World and follow her on Instagram @sarahseizetheworld